Several traders will agree with the statement that MetaTrader 4 is the most popular electronic trading platform all over the world today. It is widely used by retail traders and even professional ones. The MetaQuotes Software first released this platform in 2005 and the Go Markets released it to their clients by 2006.
Although there are a lot of MT4 users, not all effectively use it to their advantage. Today, we are going to share the top 7 useful tips and tricks for MT 4.
How To Create The Right Chart Template on MT4?
Traders who use technical analysis will most likely utilize more than a single indicator to determine the right trades. There is a specific template in MT4 that overlays previously defined indicators to your chart. When you create this template, you will be able to load predefined indicators rather than setting up repeatedly these indicators when opening a new chart. To do these, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the new chart
- Put on all the indicators that you want to use on that specific chart.
- Right-click on the chart and you will see a drop-down menu.
- Tap “Template” then click “Save Template”.
- Choose a name for the template then tap “Save”.
How To Save MT4 Profile
After setting up a layout for your platform, then you can save your profile now. But saving a profile is different from saving a layout. Saving a platform encompasses the complete view of the platform or the layout. As for profiles, it offers you a fast and easy way to work with chart groups. Here are the steps to saving a profile.
- Pick a group of charts to work on with
- Go to the file located at the left corner of the platform.
- Tap “Profile” into the drop-down menu then click “Save As”.
- You can now name the new profile you created.
How to Print a Trading Statement
Traditionally, trades can be easily accessed if you click the “Account History” tab located at the Terminal window. However, for those clients seeking to gain full access to their entire trading history or a specific period, they can actually print it out. To do these, here are the steps that they need to follow.
- Go to the Account History of your MT4 platform.
- Pick your preferred period.
- Right, click anywhere you like in your Account History. You will see a drop-down menu afterward.
- You can choose to “Save as Detailed Report” or simply “Save as Detailed Report”.
- After clicking your preferred option, you can now right click then “Save as” or “Print” the document for your reference.
Take note that the balance that you see here will always be the current balance. Those previous balances that you have will not be shown here.
How To Do The One-Click Trading
If you are a trader who has to place trades in an efficient and timely manner then One Click Trading is very useful. It will minimize the time you need in placing a trade. Thankfully, this is possible on the MetaTrader 4 platform.